Tuesday, February 18, 2014

After a long day, it's time to Wi-Lax!

From My iPhone
You all know how much I love living in Los Angeles. But honestly, there are those days where I feel the stress at an all-time high. Sometimes I work eight hours a day, have to commute to evening class during rush hour, and then return home to write a paper due the next day. I consider myself lucky if I get at least six hours of sleep. Here comes another Koreatown solution: Wi Spa! This hidden gem located right in the midst of all the bank skyscrapers on Wilshire Boulevard will cure any signs of stress or fatigue. At Wi Spa, you can come with your significant other, by yourself, or with your entire family. These types of spas are called Jjim Jil Bang's and they are very popular in Korea. What's cool about Wi Spa is that there is no gender segregation throughout the facilities, except for when you shower. Once you wash up and soak yourself in the multiple jacuzzis, the next stop is the huge community room where boys and girls are free to chill and socialize amongst themselves.

From My iPhone
Once on the community floor, you will find entrances to mini-spas with all different kinds of climates and temperatures. For example, there is a "Salt Room" where the floor is covered with salt rocks and the temperature is 120 degree Fahrenheit. I cannot stay in these rooms for too long, but once I lay down I feel all negativity and hatred leaving my body when my pores open up due to the heat. There is also an "Ice Room" where the temperature is below freezing, which always feels relieving after a nap in one of the hot rooms. The community room also features a full sit-down restaurant and an internet cafe (free wi-fi is provided every step of the way). If you are willing to spend the extra few bucks, you can also get top-of-the-line massages and facials from what I hear. The next time you're in the need of a stress reliever and want to get away from all the traffic and congestion of Los Angeles, Wi Spa is really a one of a kind experience you will never forget!

Your Seoul Survivor,
Albert Ko

No comments:

Post a Comment